Visitas de la última semana a la página

Conversaciones entre el Llaverito y Yo

Welcome!!

Why am I doing this? Well, just to write down some things that come to me now and then. It is mainly for my own entertainment, but I also use it for more serious things, like studying and reviewing things I like. I also tell publicly what I should be telling privately. It is written both in English and Spanish but not side by side. Some things sound better in English and some sound better in Spanish.


You are welcome to nose around.


viernes, 21 de mayo de 2010

Going Home

I never went home. I don't remember anything. I don't know when I fell. I don't know where I fell. There was no one waiting for me at the railway station. I have no memory of anything.

But I feel the stinging pain when near a military cemetery. I see the rows of white headstones in perfect formation, an army of ghosts. Each headstone is a different story and a different death. There is the ocassional visit and there are tears in their eyes. A horrible sensation of loss comes over me. But I don't remember.

I stood in Arlington looking across the Potomac. I walked back to the Amphitheater; I am only six, my Dad takes my hand. The Amphitheater is emply, and I thought they'd be waiting for me.

They lay me to rest, I do not know where.

I have no memories, I never went home, but the pain is still there.

Dedicated to those who never went home.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario