Visitas de la última semana a la página

Conversaciones entre el Llaverito y Yo

Welcome!!

Why am I doing this? Well, just to write down some things that come to me now and then. It is mainly for my own entertainment, but I also use it for more serious things, like studying and reviewing things I like. I also tell publicly what I should be telling privately. It is written both in English and Spanish but not side by side. Some things sound better in English and some sound better in Spanish.


You are welcome to nose around.


lunes, 25 de octubre de 2010

El Raulacho

See his warm smile, the timid smile, but do not mistake him for a push over. This guy was difficult.

It was difficult to really know him, but I am his oldest son and I took the trouble of going through all sorts of trials to know him.

He drove fast and hard, he drove long hours and life was the same. I do not remember very many instances in which somebody actually passed him on a highway but you never felt in danger.

In 1979 he managed to get his hands on one of two cars that was built by Chrysler to be tried out as police cruisers. One of them was not sold and put up for sale in his favorite dealership. The sales guy told him of the car and he drove out with the car a couple of days later.

For about a year, in 1979, he had one of two fastest (and legal) cars in Mexico. He drove hard and fast and sold it a couple of years later because it was too fast.

A timid smile, but very strong willed and difficult to know. Think of him as a softie at your own peril.

Damn Yankees!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario