Visitas de la última semana a la página

Conversaciones entre el Llaverito y Yo

Welcome!!

Why am I doing this? Well, just to write down some things that come to me now and then. It is mainly for my own entertainment, but I also use it for more serious things, like studying and reviewing things I like. I also tell publicly what I should be telling privately. It is written both in English and Spanish but not side by side. Some things sound better in English and some sound better in Spanish.


You are welcome to nose around.


viernes, 22 de octubre de 2010

Forgotten Dreams

I miss you so damned much. You are ever present in my mind. Not a day goes by without me thinking of you or making a joke of the fun we had together or telling anyone within hearing distance what an amazing person you were.

Life is so different without you. I miss when you called out for me. I miss our walks and our conversations about life and business and love and music and just sharing the joy of life.

I talk to strangers about you. I tell them of the things you did and the things I did to you. They laugh, and I enjoy making them happy for just a moment with a little comment about you, cause I miss you so damned much.

But because I miss you so damned much, my eyes well up with tears. I hear the music you liked. I listen to marches and opera, to roaring twenties and Perez Prado, swing and Glenn Miller.

When I walk I do not know if I walk alone or if you silently walk beside me, cause I miss you so damned much.

When my mind starts racing with thoughts I do not know if they are yours or mine, cause I miss you damned much.

I yearn for the soccer games and dinners and Sundays and music and people that were with us, cause I miss you so damned much.

I see a smiling face, and I see you. I see an innocent child's face and I see you. I see your photos and I can't help but think what a lucky guy I was to know you.

The Lord hast promised good to me,
His word my hope secures!
He will my shield and portion be,
as long as life endures.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound


I talked to my brother a couple of days ago. He, too, misses you like crazy. Sleep well, sweet prince.

Ah si, van perdiendo los Yanquis, pensé que te gustaría saber ;-)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario